Thursday, April 2, 2015

Photo Pairs: Surf and Turf

Last weekend, my daughter's track team competed at a meet in the California beach town of Santa Barbara. The venue is right across the street from the beach, and, after the completion of the meet, we all went down to the beach to play and have dinner. The students very quickly divided into two groups - those that dove right into the water and those that stood on the shore, watching. I'm calling these two photos "surf and turf" and linking up with Helena's photo pairs meme this week.
Of course there were some runners who wanted to help some of the reluctant ones into the water:
And why not? People were enjoying body surfing and cooling off.
 Although some remained unconvinced!


13 comments:

helena said...

great pair - a good description of groups at the beach - it does look inviting

Miriam said...

Brilliant! I love it. A great title for a pair.

scrappyjacky said...

Great photos....I can't wait to be in the sun!!

Karen said...

Perfect Pair! I've always been a turf person myself, but I really missing walking in the surf every day! What a pleasure that was last month!

Sian said...

It's a gorgeous beach! That water does look very inviting. I think I might have been tempted..

Melissa said...

What a fabulous pair - looks like they all had a great time!

debs14 said...

What a great pairing of pictures!

~*~Patty S said...

Great photos and perfect naming too Rinda!
Santa Barbara really charmed us when we got to visit a couple of years ago. They seemed to have perfect weather and it is so pretty there.
Happy April
Happy Spring
Happy Happy Everything to you and yours
oxo

Maggie said...

That does look inviting and I love the pairing.

Becky said...

What a fantastic pairing!

Eileen T said...

The water looks inviting but I'd have been one of the watchers ... I prefer to stay dry!!

Prairie Jill said...

Great photos - and a perfect idea for Pairs!

Anonymous said...

What a great pairing, I think I would have been one of the "turf" ones.