Monday, April 27, 2015

Me on Monday: A weekend with my boy

It's Sunday night, and I'm dead tired. But it's a good tired, a happy tired. I just spent the weekend with my boy who is attending college at the University of Oregon. It was mom's weekend at his fraternity, and we had so much fun! So I thought I would wave "hi" with others over at Sian's blog and tell you about my weekend.
We started the weekend Friday night at the college baseball game. Here we are posing with Henry's college roommate/frat brother/best friend and his mom. I absolutely love spending time with her. We took a bicycle hansom cab over to the park and got kicked out  chose to leave early when some of the moms got caught sneaking in beer because they didn't want to pay the outrageous prices charged in the stadium!
On Saturday morning, a group of us gathered to go for a hike up to the top of Spencer Butte.
There were about 40 of us total who entered the beautiful forest, including me and my boy.
 
We climbed about .75 mile straight up and were rewarded with awesome views.
One of my favorite photos was a bit of a fail, although it was good idea:
That's supposed to be Henry holding Autzen Stadium (the football stadium) in the palm of his hand). We had a big group lunch on Saturday and then Henry and I went to spend the balance of the afternoon lounging around, watching TV together, shopping and enjoying each other's company before heading out to a frat party involving drinking games and boys dancing with their moms. A good time was had by all!
Before I knew it, it was time to come home. I boarded the plane and was stopped by security because I had a rather large metal bottle opener/cork screw in my carry on bag. I had placed it in there before heading out to the party on Saturday night and had completely forgotten about it! What can I say? It was mom's weekend.
I already miss my sweet duck! 

10 comments:

Cheri said...

Which would just make you a very cool Mom in my daughters' estimation ... I am so NOT cool.

Ruth said...

I love that first photo! And I laughed at the thought of the mums being asked to leave the game because they were naughty!

Sian said...

A Mums weekend! Wow: I'm trying to imagine something like that here..It certainly looks as if an excellent time was had by all with lots to see and do. Their second year will be over in the blink of an eye!

alexa said...

I've never heard of a Mums' weekend - not at all sure how it would go down over here ... Lovely that so many of you were there and that your sons wanted you to be. Such great memories!

Karen said...

What fun! I think it's great that the fraternity hosts the moms for a weekend! Oregon is so beautiful! I'm happy to have Sarah much closer, but I do miss the visits to California and Oregon.

KraftyKaren said...

Looks like you had a fabulous weekend

debs14 said...

Never heard of a Mum's weekend before, but what a great idea! So pleased you had so much fun.

Andria said...

Proud mama! Looks like a fun, fun weekend.

Susanne said...

It looks like a very active and joy-filled weekend with your son.

Gail said...

Sounds like a super "Mum's" weekend. I had to laugh at the getting kicked out and then forgetting you had the corkscrew in your carryon.