Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Quick Hello and Scavenger Hunt Linky Reminder

Hi all!!!
I've been super busy here with the end of our summer break and beginning of the school year for me and for my daughter Clara. I wanted to pop in to remind everyone, though, that I will be hosting the end of the August linky for the 2014 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt this weekend (I'll put it up to start Friday night, August 29, California time). Please check in with your latest finds. I've really enjoyed seeing what everyone has been up to on instagram and facebook. I apologize for not getting around to my feedly reader to catch up on blog posts, but, as I said, I've been super busy!
Doing what?
Well, helping Clara finish her summer reading for school:
Taking her shopping and then sending her off for her first day of her junior year. She looks very grown up for 16, doesn't she?
We've also been spending time volunteering at Guide Dogs for the Blind in San Rafeal.  It will be our regular Sunday volunteer gig this year.
We're working in the boarding/neo natal kennels. That's Clara doing health checks, which includes cleaning ears and brushing teeth. We also give baths, clean kennels and feed the dogs. We don't work with the puppies, but do get to see them occasionally:
And that's your dose of cute for today!
Hope to see you back this weekend for the linky.

16 comments:

nancy y said...

she is sure looking grown up! What a cute pup! My cousin's daughter used to work at Guide Dogs for the Blind. A friend in our car club's wife taught at the school for the blind in Fremont and she has two dogs that failed out at training!

Karen said...

One very good looking Junior, and quite the adorable dog!

Julia said...

Does that mean no more cute kitten pics? Will miss those! Clara looks very grown up indeed. Good luck for her new term. Getting ready for school here too. Not sure I've much to link up at the weekend but I'll give it a go. It's not been a very sucessful month for the hunt!

Lesley G said...

What a great place to volunteer, look forward to drooling over puppy pics!!!

Linda said...

I'm very envious that you get to volunteer with the guide dogs! It is the charity I donate to in the UK, but the place is miles and miles away so I couldn't volunteer! Good luck to Clara for back to school, she looks great!

helena said...

good to hear all is well with you and yours - what a lovely volunteer role

Missus Wookie said...

Looking forward to the link up this weekend, will give me motivation to process photos.

Good luck to Clara for the new school year.

Maggie said...

Good luck to your daughter. Could you explain what the junior year is? My daughter is 16 and is about to go into sixth form which will be her last two years doing A Levels.
Over here Junior school ia age 7- 11 years

Sheena said...

Gosh your DD looks so grown up , I'm not too sure what Junior year would be here.
Looking forward to the link up of the scavenger hunt :)

Sian said...

You only get one 16 summer...best to make the most of it :) School starts here tomorrow - can't believe it - with a new 6th Form uniform. Very best of luck with the new year Clara!

Becky said...

She is definitely looking grown up! Looking forward to the link up this weekend.

Rhodesia said...

Working with the guide dogs must be a very worthy cause and fun as well. I would love to do that but we live in the country and sadly nothing like that available near by.

Think I have all my scavenger hunt list but one which is not really quite right, but I do have the 2 alternative ones so I feel like I have done quite well. Will publish them all at the end of the week.

Keep well Diane

Carola Bartz said...

Wonderful volunteer opportunity! That last picture of the puppy is super cute.

We have been back to school since August 20th, and it already feels "old". My daughter is in her junior year as well, and it involves so much work. She is also volunteering regularly and will start German school every Saturday. It's a bit crazy, but she is very determined.

Anonymous said...

Oh my - she is definitely growing up. Best of luck to her for the coming school year. The kids here go back tomorrow unless they are in private school and then it's next week.

Beverly said...

Clara looks beautiful and ready to embrace her junior year. I have always thought junior year is the toughest but know she will do well. Love your new volunteer gig, has to be rewarding and I am always thrilled to see your animal shots.

Jennifer Grace said...

Wow Clara is looking gorgeous and very grown up! The puppy dog is totally cute. My daughter wants a dog but she wants a puppy, I've been trying to explain how they don't stay puppies for very long so it's not something she should focus on. But she's only 6 so she still wants a puppy! (She's not going to get any kind of dog for a few years though!) x