Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hello Monday {5}

Hello Monday . . . a meme started by Lisa Leonard.
Hello Heart Shaped Stone . . . a gift from my wonderful friend Deb Turtle.  A heart shaped stone in a "substitute item" in this year's Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt. If you're participating and having trouble finding a bride or a hammock or something else on the list, you can search for one of these instead. Here's what I wrote in the original hunt post: "Substitute Item (new this year):  If you find any of the above too hard, you may substitute a photograph of either a heart-shaped stone or a four leaf clover for one item; however, you may not substitute this item for #21." 
Hello Opportunity to Do a Good Deed . . . Deb's mom Marti is going through cancer treatment and feeling a bit lonely. If you'd like to brighten her day by sending her a card or little something, send me an email at rinda1961(at) yahoo(dot)com, and I'll send you her address.
Hello Worry and Uncertainty . . . Paul had a bad reaction to his chemotherapy over the weekend and had to go back in to the hospital. It's not an unexpected reaction, but it's troubling nonetheless.  We hope to have him back home this week. Good thoughts and prayers always appreciated. His condition will affect some of the other "hello's" for this week.
Hello Students . . . I start teaching on Wednesday. Luckily, I just have the one class scheduled this term.
Hello Eye Surgery for the Girl . . . she's had a small lesion on her eye for about eight years and we've finally decided the time has come to remove it. It's scheduled for Thursday.  She should have the eye patch removed before she starts school on the following Monday. Because we don't want her having to start school doing the "full on Pirate," with both crutches and an eye patch! On the other hand, she'd really like to start school without the lesion. 
Hello Detroit . . . I have a quick business trip scheduled for the end of the week.  We'll see if it comes off.
Hello Book Group . . . this month we read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.  I haven't quite finished it yet, but I think I will in time. It's a very intriguing book.  Anyone else read it.  What did you think?
And, I'll leave yo with a little levity.  Clara decorated her crutches with colored duct tape.  She found the idea on the internet, and I think they turned out pretty well:
What's up for you this week?
  

22 comments:

Amy said...

Mine has already got better as the day has progressed, my little one is on the improve.
I love what Clara has done with her crutches and am sending her many best wishes for her procedure on Thursday.

That's no good that Paul had a bad reaction to the chemo, I take it as a reaction other than the usual predicted ones? You are all in our prayers and thoughts and I think of you often as I go through my days - take care and good luck for the beginning of the academic year.

Anonymous said...

sending good thoughts for Paul and LOVE Clara's crutches! She is clearly your daughter!!! hope her eye surgery goes well!!

Mariana

scrappyjacky said...

Good luck with your week,Rinda...I do hope everything progresses well...especially the medical issues for Paul and Clara.
Love the crutches.

Jo.C said...

Those crutches look great. Love that they were pink in the first place. Good luck with everything and thinking about you all x

Unknown said...

I had forgotten I could substitute one item on the scavenger hunt - must get out this week and take some more photos.

Unknown said...

I had forgotten I could substitute one item on the scavenger hunt - must get out this week and take some more photos.

Alison said...

You're all in my thoughts and prayers Rinda..tell Clara I love the crutches!
Alison xx

Sian said...

Oh, Rinda, sending you all love from across the pond x

Mommy2CVC said...

Sorry to hear about Paul and of course we keep him in our prayers always! Loved seeing Clara's crutches! We love colored duck tape around here! Also glad to hear that the lesion in her eye is getting taken care of before she goes to high school. We will be sending positive wishes and prayers for all of you! Love you all so much!

Elizabeth said...

I hope I don't have to substitute any clues for the heart shaped stone or four leaf clover. They may turn out to be just as elusive.

Beverly said...

Sorry to hear that Paul has had a bumpy time with this round :( It sounds like your Wednesday through Friday is packed! Prayers will be with all of you. I am working on something for Marti this week.

Irene said...

Dear cuz, you and your family are in my prayers. I think Clara is very clever, those crutches look F A. B U L O U S !

Cheri said...

Sounds like a big week Rinda! Wishing Paul a quick recovery from whatever his reaction was, hoping Clara soars throuygh surgery and crutches, and best of luck getting back into a "routine"!

Unknown said...

oh what a week!!! I think the crutches are fab!!! great colours!!!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Love the crutches! You & Paul are in our thoughts. I hope the chemo goes smoother for him

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

LOVE the photo of the heart rock, Rinda! And thanks so much for thinking of my mom and helping to spread the word about support for her. SOOOO sweet of you, especially considering that you are going through your own set of challenges with Paul. I continue to think of you guys and send prayers right back at you!

Kudos to Clara for the awesome crutches. She's a chip off the old block! ;o)

laurie said...

awesome crutches! i hope clara's surgery goes well and that she is ready to go for another year of school. you are really spinning plates, rinda! my thoughts are with you and paul, hoping he is able to be home soon. i would love to make a card for deb's mom. wishing you deep breaths, lots of energy, and much strength in these busy days you are having.

Missus Wookie said...

Busy week - hope it all goes well. Glad it wasn't an unexpected reaction to the Chemo but disappointing that he isn't home. Lovely crutches, good luck with the class and hoping to hear that Paul's improved enough to come home soon.

Jimjams said...

The crutches look great - well done C for making a statement out of them! Best of luck for C's surgery and P's continued recovery ♥

The Mann Fam said...

Sorry to hear about Paul's bad reaction to chemo. Thoughts and prayers for you. I love how bright and happy the crutches are. Do you think your daughter's creative happy spirit will alter the look of her eye patch? Thinking about all of you.

Melissa said...

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate this week - I hope it is all going well. Continuing prayers for Paul & that all goes well with Clara's surgery. Love the crutches!!

Anonymous said...

Sending my thoughts and prayers for you all. Hoping the bad reactions are overwith. BTW, love the crutches.