Saturday, August 18, 2012

Arranging Nature's Treasures: The Basics

In the Ode to Nature class I'm taking, the first week's assignment included collecting some treasures from nature, arranging them artfully and then photographing them.  My first attempt at this actually took place while I was on the beach.  I created this arrangement:
When I got home, I laid out some of the items on my sketchbook:
I like the simplicity of it, but then I wanted to bump things up a notch. So I did an arrangement on some red scrapbook paper:
I then tried a very subtle blue piece of scrapbook paper:
I like the naturalist feel this one has. I think it's my favorite background, and I put my favorite arrangement at the top of today's post.  Do you have a favorite?
I really enjoyed this, and I feel like I could spend hours creating various arrangements.  I could see these on postcards, note cards or calendars.  As I was playing, my muse took over, and the exercise morphed into something different, which I loved even more.  I'll share those photographs with you on Tuesday!

13 comments:

Amy said...

I think I like all variations - this is my sort of thing for sure!

debs14 said...

The pale blue background makes such a difference, I wonder if it's because they are seaside items and they look 'at home' next to blue?

scrappyjacky said...

I have to say that my favourite is the red....which surprises me a bit....I would have expected to like the blue best!!

Sian said...

I think I like the pale blue the best, but I like them in the sand too. This sounds like a really interesting, useful class

Yvonne said...

I'm all for the blue, as well, Rinda!

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

I love the pale blue background and my favourite is the last photo :-)

Jo Murray said...

For some reason I like the first one Rinda. It seems harmonious to me.

Elizabeth said...

I like the red one the most, but they are all good. I am an orange/red person so that one just drew my eyes right to it.

Kokopelli said...

Gorgeous arrangements, Rinda! Such beautiful little treasures from nature.

Barbara said...

Love this- I have all sorts from nature in various containers around by house. I love the feeling of the outside, inside.

Unknown said...

I love the treasures you found and how you use different backgrounds, especially the one on the beach.
Greetings from Holland, Inge :)

Anonymous said...

I really like the blue one. They just seem to look natural against it.