Friday, May 6, 2011

Art Journaling Quotes

I'm celebrating quotes this week on my blog.  I have a few listed in this post where I am soliciting more and offering a cool prize for those who add to the list.  Go check it out!  But before you go, check out this page which I made to illustrate one of the quotes. I particularly like how a little gold paint pen and black journaling pen were able to make both the bird embellies and quote pop off a very dark and busy background.  Will definitely use that technique again. Now, go enter the contest!

5 comments:

Sian said...

A great quote for a beautiful hazy saturday morning here - I'm off outside!

You are right about the gold and black technique. Those birds really pop

Cheri said...

Love that Wild Air quote - I just created a journal for myself over at papercouterie that has it on the back.

scrappyjacky said...

That's a totally new quote to me....and you're quite right about the gold and black.....love how the birds 'pop'.

Carola Bartz said...

That is a great technique! Yes, they really pop from the background - the birds were the first that I saw. I will remember this technique and try it myself.

Ginger said...

Love this art journal page Rinda! The technique does work well with this page :)