Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sneak Peek from my creative weekend!

I'm enjoying a long, productive weekend. Yesterday, I had a wonderful lunch with an old friend at a tea shoppe with great food (but painfully slow service). It's also a polo/tack shop and has a beautiful garden, so at least it was a pleasant wait. Later in the day, I spent time watching Clara run, using the computer feed set up by the meet, and texting with my brothers and sisters who there watching her in person. She did great and the whole team finished very well.
Creatively, I completed the base pages for my December Daily, 2013 album. I'm only posting a little sneak peek today because I'll reveal the whole thing the weekend of Nov. 8-10 when I participate in the blog hop for Jennifer Grace's Frosty Festivities!
You can read more about the Frosty Festivities free blog event here. You can also enter to win a great paper pack from Glitz Designs, so pop on over and see Jennifer
Today, I'm going to do some computer work with my photographs, so I can order prints and to create some fresh blog posts, plus I'll make a few cards. I'm hoping to squeeze some time out to finish my Learn Something New Everyday/Faces album, but I also have some actual work to do and I'm going to watch a friends' son in a high school play tonight! I'll keep you posted on my progress. What are you up to this weekend?

16 comments:

alexa said...

Glad you are having such a lovely weekend, and the sneak peek into your December daily album is intruiging - and you are so well organised!

sky-blu-pink said...

Well done Clara and the team! I like the look for your album; great idea to choose softer colours rather than red and green or metallics. Can't wait to see the finished article!

Jo Murray said...

You are a wonder woman Rinda. Multi-tasking madness. Congrats to Clara and Co.

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like you're having an enjoyable and creative weekend,Rinda.
The December Daily looks fun...I'm hoping to start mine soon.
Today was spent 'weather proofing' our garden against a severe storm due to hit tomorrow night....and transporting a ton of logs down to the shed.
I have a day to myself tomorrow....so am hoping to get creative.

Miriam said...

Today I bought a new sewing machine after many, many hours of deliberating. My husband took me to the shop and left me there saying he wouldn't let me out until I had made a decision!!! I had such a lovely time.

Amy said...

We had a wedding on Friday night so it's a case of catch up today - we were away over night. Also included are a few kids activities, getting my PL spread done and some baking.

The Mann Fam said...

Looks like fun! Love the look of your base pages.

ForgedinPaper said...

Sounds like a great creative weekend. I'm thinking about starting my base for my December album but that's it so far. I'll look forward to seeing your full reveal

Sandie said...

I'm planning a creative weekend away soon, so sadly won't be able to join in Jennifer's festive fun in real time. Glad you are having a good creative weekend. I am trying to do some tidying and organising but keep getting glued to the computer seat. Time to tear myself off! Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Sian said...

Well done Clara!

With it being the half term holiday here, my creativity has actually gone down as we try to get out and about for some fresh air in between the bouts of studying. Though we're going to carve pumpkins this afternoon I hope!

Lesley G said...

Such a tease - I'm really looking forward to Frosty Festivities

Becky said...

Just catching up with my blog reading. Had a good weekend spending half with Penny in Canterbury and then the rest crafting on my own as Hugh had to go to Cornwall! Got 2 layouts and 6 Christmas cards made. Looking forward to next week when I have a week off work and Hugh and I are doing NOTHING!! We intend to do our hobbies and relax, so hopefully I will get my December Daily album ready. I'm looking forward to Jennifer's blog event too! Hope you enjoyed your weekend :)

Melissa said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I was VERY sick last week & ended up at the doctor again on Saturday, so I've done basically nothing for a week. I'm on the mend now but taking it easy this week, catching up with some blog reading, writing a few posts of my own, reading... :>)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Sounds like a fun and productive time, Rinda! I hope you fully enjoyed every minute. :o)

Susanne said...

It sounds like a wonderful busy weekend to me. Good for you for preparing for your Christmas scrapping now. I'm noodling that over, but haven't started anything yet. I'll hop over to see what Jennifer is up to.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like great use of your weekend. I haven't done anything creative in what seems like ages.