Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Look Up//Look Down #41: Second Chances

Saturday morning (early), I rolled out of bed to take Clara to a cross country meet. Curious as to why she wasn't the one waking me up, I shuffled into her room and found her sound asleep. She's generally an early riser and particularly on meet days when she can't wait to join her friends and conquer a new course. I could tell by the absence of happy chatter (replaced by complaints and a few tears) that she really wasn't feeling well.  And truthfully, she had been feeling kind of punky for a few days. But, it was going to be her first time running "Crystal," an important course for league and championship meets. And her first time at the three mile distance which will be used as "official" times for various purposes.   Plus, we had promised a teammate a ride to the meet. So, I jollied her along, pushed her into the car and drove her to the meet.  Shortly before her warm up time, she threw-up. Everything she had eaten in the last 24 hours. Everything.  Not totally unexpected. But disappointing none-the-less.
We are returning to Crystal Springs this afternoon for one of those important league meets. She's feeling much better and is excited (though a bit nervous) for the race. It's a second chance to make a good first impression at Crystal, and I'm hoping it goes well.
Before we left on Saturday morning, I snapped a few pictures on my iphone. Perfect for this week's installment of look up//look down (the accidental meme created by Helena).

16 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh, poor Clara! I love that you called this an "accidental meme by Helena" and I'm impressed that this is #41! Awesome. And great shots too!

alexa said...

Glad to hear Clara is better now and wishing her success. I always enjoy your photos :).

Kirsty.A said...

Oh dear. There's a lot of that going round our way too

Linda said...

Awww, poor Clara! Glad she is feeling better now.

helena said...

beautiful images - I love the atmospheric feel of the down one. Hope the second chance went well

scrappyjacky said...

Oh dear....but glad she's feeling better....and has a second chance....good luck to her.

Becky said...

Oh poor Clara. Hope it went well the second time.

Sian said...

Best of luck to her!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Hope she did well on the race she did run!

Anne said...

Poor Clara, glad she was feeling a bit better, xxx

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Oh no! I hope the second visit was much more successful.

debs14 said...

Poor Clara - fingers crossed she feels well enough to take part and do well this time.

Abi said...

Oh poor Clara. Hope she gets well soon. Beautiful shots as always Rinda.

Amy said...

Oh what a pity! I am sure she'll conquer the course in her own time though!

Miriam said...

Oh poor thing, she'll bounce back, thank goodness for a second chance. Your photos are wonderful Rinda.

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Clara. I'm glad she was feeling better for the 2nd chance of running there. I hope it went well. I really like that 2nd picture.