1. How will you celebrate the holidays this year? We're going to be staying home this year. Usually we travel to Southern California to see my brothers and sisters, as well as Paul's side of the family. I'll miss getting together with everyone, but we'll try to have a happy holiday anyway. We're going to a few holiday parties and will probably go see a movie on Christmas Day. Plus, I'll probably take Clara and some friends up to the City at least one day. From a present stand point, Henry and I are getting new phones (and I'm getting a new 50 mm lens). Clara wants a TV for her room. I think we'll get Paul a new carpet for the living room. The kids aren't done with school until Friday, and I wish Christmas was later in the week!
2. What’s the weather currently like where you live? Rainy days, alternated with warm sunny days. That's what winter is like around here.
3. Do you decorate your home for the holidays? If so, share a picture please! I do a little decorating. I put up our stockings on the mantle and then put out my growing collection of Nativity sets. Here's the three newest sets:
4. What is your favorite Christmas movie? I really like White Christmas, but Paul's favorite is Miracle on 34th Street. So we always watch both. I also really like Home Alone, Die Hard and Full-Court Miracle (a Hanukkah movie).
5. What is your favorite Christmas songs? I love all the traditional carols. I think God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen is my favorite, but I love a rousing group rendition of Twelve Days of Christmas.
6. Do you have an advent calendar? No. I keep meaning to get one, but I've never found one I love.
7. Do you prefer color lights or white lights? Color. We're alll about fun and eclectic in our decorations, rather than matching and refined.
8. What is your favorite food to eat over the holidays? Cookies and fudge! We'll probably make a turkey and get some crab, too!
9. Do you display a live tree, or do you prefer fake trees? We usually get a live tree, but this year, given Paul's immunity issues and the new dog, we bought a fake tree. It is really convenient and looks okay:
Henry, his girlfriend and her best friend decorated it for me. It was so much fun to listen to them giggle and see their happy faces while they decorated it. Our ornaments are very eclectic and each one has a story behind it. I loved sharing the stories with the girls.
10. What would you need to make your holiday perfect this year? I'm hoping for a peaceful, happy day with my family.
If you answer the questions, I'd love it if you would come back and link your post so I could find out more about your holiday!