It was an eventful year here at Gallorganico. As the year winds to an end, I wanted to mention the top 10 bloggy things for me this year.
10. My 2012 One Little Word: Home. I focused on three aspects of home: decluttering my physical house; working on my relationships with my husband and children; and developing my art (especially my drawing and painting). I'm working on a fuller OLW post wrapping up 2012 and talking about my OLW for 2013.
9. Week in the Life - In April, I completed this photojournal project, and I'm really glad I did. I took a lot fewer photographs this year and made many, many fewer scrapbook pages. So, having this mini-album documenting our life has become even more meaningful.
8. Month of Gratitude - Bernice sponsored An Attitude of Gratitude challenge blog in November. I followed along and made a gratitude journal that I really love. More importantly, I've started a daily practice of gratitude, using grateful160.com. It is a wonderful way to pause each day and note something for which I am grateful.
7. A Simple Moment - Alexa, over at Trimming the Sails, has started a monthly meme called "Simply A Moment." It is a wonderful way to record one moment a month. I think what I love most about the meme is the opportunity to hone my writing skills.
6. Story Telling Sunday - And speaking of honing my writing skills, Sian over at From High in the Sky sponsors this wonderful monthly gathering of story telling. And I love it!
5. Nature Photography: Ode to Nature. The Alisa Burke class "ode to nature" inspired me in many different ways. But my favorite thing was how it spurred me to take composed nature photographs.
4. Paint Party Friday. Every Friday, Kristin and Eva host a gathering for anyone who wants to share some form of painting. PPF makes it much more likely that I will get out my paint brush at least once a week, and I love it!
3. Sketching - I have taken a series of classes all of which have helped me develop my sketching skills (101 Faces;28 Faces; Male Faces; Art of Wild Abandonment; Ode to Nature). These have made a huge difference in my art this year.
2. Meeting Blog Friends - This year I had the great good pleasure to meet Sian, Alison and their families. They were both wonderful experiences.
1. Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt - last, but certainly not least, I loved hosting the summertime scavenger hunt, which had almost 75 participants this year! It brought me lots of new friends and lots of blogging stories. Exactly what blogging is all about.
What would be on your blog's 2012 Top 10?