Sunday, November 29, 2009

Scrapbook Sunday: on shortcuts and pumpkins

Posting a little late today, but the incentive of "Scrapbook Sunday" pushed me to get some scrapbooking done yesterday.  I scrapped seven pages!  They're pretty simple, but I'm happy that they're done.  And they were very relaxing to make.  I did them while the whole family watched Forrest Gump on T.V.  Surprisingly, none of us had ever seen it before!

The pages were simple to complete because I used two tools offered by Club Scrap - Assembly Line Scrapbooking (ALSB) and their Deck of Cards. For ALSB, you actually complete blank layouts, then find photos later to fit.  I know it doesn't seem like it should work, but it does.  The first layout is evidence of that.  The Deck of Cards is a set of 52 sketches that include instructions for which paper to gather and how to cut it.  The second layout was built with that method.  The first layout was made with Club Scrap's Perfect Ten Collection and the second layout with Club Scrap's Natural Resources Collection.

I'll pick a winner in my weekend giveaway tonight and post it tomorrow, along with a review of November classes.  Tuesday features Twelve Tags of Christmas.  Enjoy the rest of  your weekend!

9 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

7 pages!! That sounds like pushing it a bit..... bu your pages have turned out beautifully.....the pumpkin picking looks great fun.I really like the sound of the 52 sketches as well.
Your comments on my blog about Tim Holtz have made me think I should have a go.....I always love his work so much.....and there's nothing like popping out of youe comfort zone sometimes!!

humel said...

Love 'em Rinda :-)

I've got my eye on those 12 Tags too! 'Cos, you know, I don't have enough to do already with JYC, December Daily, my blog, family birthdays, teaching, Shimelle's forum, and so on and so on.... ;-)

Sian said...

Making relaxing pages with the whole family together enjoying a film sounds like the perfect Sunday. Great job on those LO's! I love the sound of your fudge recipe..maybe you'd post it sometime? x

Amy said...

I always think simple is the easiest way to scrapbook anyway! These look great Rinda - glad you had a relaxing time with the family.

Becky said...

Wow - 7 pages! Well done! They look really cool :)

The Scrappy Tree said...

7 pages is a lot! But I am loving the multi photo LO's!!

Liberty :) said...

i love that the photo is the focus all the time.

sharyncarlson said...

Great pages! And 7 completed -- wow! Bet that feels great. Thanks for stopping by to mention you tried out the buttermilk pumpkin cake. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed it!!

Carrie said...

Sounds like a nice day & lots of pages created! Woo hoo!