Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cherish Your Heritage

Cherish (Mixed Media Collage, click to enlarge)

Here's a piece that brings together many of the things I've chronicled on my blog.  I created it in a class taught by Connie Andrews about collaging with black gesso, and I based it on this piece of hers.  By the way, some of Connie's other work is prominently featured in the new Somerset Studio Gallery - how cool is that! You have taught me not to worry that I'm copying too much, so I'm going to publish it here and proclaim it as my own. (And how cool is it that Kelly Rae came by to comment on my post about working in someone else's style!)  It's also a piece that took me a while to declare "done" because I kept fiddling around with which charms to add.  Finally, I think I took a decent photograph of it based on your various suggestions.  So, enjoy!

I also want to let you know that this Saturday, some of my blogging friends and I will be taking you on a creative adventure. Check back on Friday for more details. Here's a sneak peek . . .

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

I don't have Black Gesso but it will be added to my list. You did a terrific job on this and I may have to CASE you.

Sian said...

Wow, I've never seen black gesso before. It's very cool. Loved the comment you left for me yesterday. Very funny!

humel said...

Oh my, how much do I love 'Cherish'?! Fab piece! x

Catherine said...

Beautiful!! Enjoyed my visit :)
Catherine

sharyncarlson said...

What a gorgeous piece! I would love to display something like this with a heritage photo.

scrappyjacky said...

This is gorgeous...have never used black gesso myself....looks really interesting....love what you've done with a heritage piece.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

That is such a beautiful piece!

Amy said...

It's a great piece Rinda - the handle adds such an interesting touch.