Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Favorite Summer Quote on a Skinni

Just when I thought I had heard of all the different sizes for stamping (inchies, twinchies, thrinchies, moos, ATC's, fatbook, art money), the wonderful challenge blog "Something Completely Different" introduced me to something, well, completely different - the "skinni." It's a 3x5 inch little bit of happiness.  This week's challenge theme for a skinni is "flora and fauna," so I took one of my alcohol ink monoprint backgrounds from Monday, added one of my favorite flower stamps and finished with one of my all-time favorite summer quotes, "In summer, the song sings itself."
Are you partial to any particular stamping size? Do you have a favorite summer quote to share? Love to hear it!

12 comments:

Amy said...

No particular quotes come to mind but I do love that size and I know that summer is such a happy time - it sounds like you are thoroughly enjoying yours :-)

debs14 said...

Not often we get to see a 'life size' photo on a blog! This is such a cute size and I absolutely love the colouring you have used. It almost lends itself to another blog hop ;-)

scrappyjacky said...

I find working on a small scale quite difficult...and am always in awe of the way you produce such amazing tiny pieces.

Sian said...

I love it when you work on such a small scale :)

A bit of Keats?
"As when, upon a tranced summer-night,
Those green-rob'd senators of mighty woods,
Tall oaks, branch-charmed by the earnest stars,
Dream, and so dream all night without a stir"

Julie Shoemaker said...

Wonderful Rinda...I have to go find that stamp LOL. I often make my cards 3x5 to fit inside a regular envelope.

Cheri said...

This is gorgeous. I don't stamp so inchies and twinchies is like a foreign language to me. But I love what you've done in 3x5 - that is a size I can understand! index card!

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

I love your small scale art. The ATC is intriguing me.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

About the only summer quotes I hear on a regular basis are "it's SOOOOOO hot" or "is it hot enough for you?" ugh. (lol)

Love the colors and stamps in the piece you have posted!

Anonymous said...

I've used inchies on occasion, but often forget about them. When I do, they're usually a focal point on a larger project. This is a great size and a wonderful quote. Isn't it nice to have such a beautiful collection of backgrounds to reach for?

melissamyth said...

so pretty :)

Unknown said...

Have not really tried working on such a small scale - yours looks lovely and a great quote.

Laura said...

Great Skinni. Great background and sentiment.Thanks so much for joining us at SCD again.