Sunday, March 21, 2010

What's Next?

A couple of years ago, I found this terrific glass washboard at my local antique store.  Early on, I decided that I wanted to add these shells and seaglass pairs.  The pairs speak to me of the "organic" principles which motivated Frank Lloyd Wright. I love how the manmade and natural reflect each other.  Yesterday, I finally attached them.  But now I'm stuck on what to do next.  I'm working on the idea of making it into a sign that says Gallo Organico for my studio (no  matter that I don't have a studio currently - I know I will someday!).
One idea I have is to go with Chipboard letters, "G" and "O" for Gallo Organico.  I could paint them someway.  I think I might add a wooden scroll cut rooster.














I have also thought about using smaller chipboard letters to spell out Gallo Organico, although I would have to hyphenate Organico.














I could also put the scroll cut rooster up top. I also considered painting directly on the glass, but since it's a washboard, it's rippled.  I think it would be too difficult to paint well.  Definitely interested in any and all suggestions.

8 comments:

helena said...

beautiful piece. Like the idea of the initials, the painting sounds more 'you' than chipboard but hard to experiment with effects. Could you do art journal effect squares behind the glass with the chipboard letters in front?

Sian said...

That's a really lovely, unusual piece. I've never seen anything like it before. I like the initials idea and I'm thinking maybe you could experiment with some softer colours as well as the black

Beth Norman said...

Very unique. I do love your work.

Elizabeth said...

Actually, I like just the G and O arrangement with maybe a swirly painted background. If I had found the glass washboard, it would probably have been broken by the time I got it home. I'm a bit of a klutz!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
scrappyjacky said...

I like the initials as well....maybe you could do some 'arty' painting on the glass.

Amy said...

I like the rooster on the top and the idea of the initials and anyway you could use your painting skills would look fantastic! This is a great piece Rinda, I love the weathered look.

The Scrappy Tree said...

Arrrghh, why do I not live in the places with the cool places to shop??? Lovely, Rinda :)