Thursday, July 17, 2014

ZIZO #29: Nibbler

Once a week, I go to the local Humane Society to walk dogs. I've been doing it about a year and recently received my purple lanyard, which allows me to walk any of the dogs at the shelter. Each dog has a color level, associated with their size and behavior. Green dogs are dogs which any of the trained volunteers can walk; yellow dogs tend to be timid and need extra understanding; purple dogs tend to be big and strong. This is Nibbler, a big happy (and very strong) overgrown purple puppy. Clara and I love working with him. He's smart as a whip and is actually fairly easy to handle if you know what you're doing. He wants to please and loves treats! I've learned so much about dogs in this volunteer job and wonder how much is applicable to life in general. No matter what the color level of the dog, each one is wonderful and would be perfect companion for the right person. I sometimes wonder if the same thing isn't true for humans . . . 
These photos are part of the zoom in zoom out photography project, hosted by Helena. To see more of this week's entries, click here.

11 comments:

Karen said...

Great ZIZO photos, and thoughtful observations!

Beverly said...

Isn't Nibbler a beauty :) I think you are right, it just takes the right person with the right attitude and heart and it clicks.

betty-NZ said...

He's such a cutie. I hope he gets a forever home soon! Kudos to you for your efforts at the shelter.

helena said...

looks and sounds a fabulous dog and I love the idea of coloured handling rankings for people

Missus Wookie said...

Oh what a sweetie - I think you are right. Trying to remember to look for that of G*D in every person and that if I find it hard to find it may be me not them...

Linda said...

I am sure you are right Rinda. For every dog there is the right owner,and for every human, there is the right partner! Happy dog walking!

Rhodesia said...

Wow what a great job you do, the animals must love you. Well done. Diane

Rhodesia said...

Just a query how do I link a picture to the scavenger hunt link? Just add your website? Diane

Lynda said...

What a neat thing and important service you provide! I can't volunteer at the shelter because I'd want to take all of the cats home!

Lesley G said...

A fabulous ZIZO and a fabulous volunteering role - wish we had soothing like this near us!!!

Anonymous said...

He's gorgeous! I think I'd probably have trouble with purple dogs. I used to always worry what would happen when I was walking our dog that a big one would come along and attack him - probably because that happened once. Wish we'd get a new dog but it wouldn't be fair to it what with all the traveling we do.