Monday, March 31, 2014

Shooting Track

Light. Focus. Emotion. Story.
Those are the things I look for when photographing sports. Although I know how to find these on the soccer pitch and the baseball diamond, shooting track has been much tougher.
But I'm getting better.
I was pretty frustrated with the results from my first track meet.  The only good shots I got were taken with my longer lens and when I got up to move around the track.
So, for the second time out, I decided to use my long lens, my monopod and to move around to try to capture more of the overall track meet experience. But always focusing upon the four keys.
Light . . . 
Focus . . . 

Story . . . 
Emotion . . .
I think I'm getting better at this! 
{Inspired by my friend Becky who posted these reflections on shooting tennis}.


  

11 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

These definitely tell a story and show emotion - really like that shot of Clara.

scrappyjacky said...

Great shots,Rinda....I wish I could get that sort of focus on moving targets.

Sian said...

Well, running and taking pictures of running are completely beyond my small talents, so I say yay! to both of you

Jo Murray said...

You both are winners! Your action shots are great.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

These are fantastic shots, Rinda. Great photo journalism here! :o)

Karen said...

I think you've always been good at sports shots. I'm so sorry I didn't take up photography until after my kids "graduated" from sports! These are especially good though, and it's a great checklist for lots of photos!

Anonymous said...

I love how clear your photos are and I love the great depth of field in the last one! The orange bow just glows with light!
What kind of camera do you use??

Anonymous said...

I think you did wonderfully. That look of concentration on Clara's face is really special.

Becky said...

You are definitely doing really well here - they look great shots to me :)

Miriam said...

Absolutely wonderful photographs Rinda.

sky-blu-pink said...

Great shots, so sharp!