1. Paint Party Friday and Glue it Tuesday - I enjoyed participating in both of these memes this year, even if I didn't participate every week. They were great reminders to pull out my art journals and actually work in them.
2. My Photographer's Eye - I created this series to pair my photography with my writing. I enjoyed it, and I want to do more of it in 2014.3. Storytelling Sunday, A Simple Moment and Tea with Abi - I loved how each of these memes gave me the opportunity to focus on my writing skills.
4. Passport to Art - Bernice offered this free class, and I loved putting together an art journal which documented my life-long love of travel and its influence on me.
6. Finding Your Voice Workshop - I learned so much in this workshop about the type of photographs I want to take and what I want to write about, as well as what I'm not yet ready to write about. The photo comic at the top of today's post came from that class.
7. Look Up//Look Down - a wonderful weekly, year long photo meme sponsored by Helena, which I actually managed to complete!
8. Photo-Heart Connection - a monthly practice where I reviewed my photos and chose the one which most touched my heart. I loved this!
9. I also loved hosting the 2013 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt and look forward to doing it again in 2014!
10. Finally, my blog friends rallied round to sponsor Clara and I when we ran in the San Diego Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon to raise money to fight leukemia and lymphoma. I consider this the crowning achievement of my entire blogging career. And I owe it all to you!
And while I'm at it, I thought I'd include the family highlights letter I put in my Christmas card this year:
v Paul’s cancer (diagnosed in July, 2012 while on vacation in Spain) is in remission.
v Henry’s senior year at HMBHS includes a soccer championship, a final year of baseball with kids he’s known since little league, graduation and a fabulous senior trip to Costa Rica.
v Clara gets a new dog – Aria, a 40 pound mutt, joins JJ (cat) and Gypsy (dog) in the menagerie.
v Maria and Clara complete the San Diego Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon, raising $7,000 with Team in Training to fight Leukemia and Lymphoma.
v Paul’s consulting firm, CTP Planning and Economics, continues to grow
v Henry heads off to the University of Oregon where he is fully embracing the Duck experience. He plays Club Soccer, rushes a fraternity (Sigma Chi) and survives rain and snow.
v After spending her freshman year at Oceana High School, Clara returns to Half Moon Bay High School where she becomes a cross-country standout. Her team qualifies for the State Championship meet, and we spend Thanksgiving weekend in Fresno.
v Clara’s interest in animals leads her to volunteer at the Peninsula Humane Society where she and Maria walk dogs once a week. She will also raise chickens and sell eggs in 2014.
So, that's what I was up to this year on my blog and in my life. What about you? Do you post a year-end review? If so, leave me a link so I can go visit.