This week, instead of Hello Monday or A Peek into My Life, I thought I'd share my answers to the "Summer Fun" meme written for Friend Making Monday that I read over at the BoysMum2 blog. Isn't this a great photo by the way? It was taken by one of those automatic cameras set up on theme park rides. Clara and I are in the third row of seats, but check out the little girl riding in the very front! Such a classic summer experience, don't you think?
1. What is your favorite summer fruit? Cherries, although I also love white peaches. Stone fruit is one of summer's fleeting gifts.2. Do you know how to swim? Yes. I took swim lessons as a kid and grew up going to the beach all the time and the pool occasionally. I can't do any advanced strokes (butterfly or breast stroke), but I enjoy backstroke and free style. For a while before the kids were born, I did lap swimming and trained for a triathlon (Henry arrived just before race day).
3. Do you prefer sun or snow? Definitely sun. I enjoy visiting the snow in the winter a couple of times, but I'm a California girl at heart.
4. What temperature do you like most inside your home? 68 degrees is just about perfect for me.
5. Is it humid where you live? Not usually. Although I would say that one big effect of global climate change is that we now do occasionally have humid days. Since I live on the coast, we definitely have foggy days, but I don't think that's the same thing. I don't think I could live in the humidity - we spent one summer in Washington, D.C. and that was enough!
6. What is your favorite food to put on the grill? Tri-tip! So good sliced up afterwards . . . pink and juicy inside, with just a little bit of char on the outside.
7. Do you prefer to wear a one-piece or two-piece swim suit? Two piece? Seriously? ROTFLMAOPIMP.
8. What is your favorite summer drink? Rum and coke, with a big squeeze of meyer lemon.
9. Do you prefer the pool or the ocean? I love the ocean when it's warm.
10. What are you looking forward to most over the summer? I'm teaching summer school for seven weeks, so that will put a damper on my fun. I'm looking forward to getting the house in order a bit, sleeping in and getting some time for art. No big trips planned, but that's okay.