Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ancestor (art journal page)

I have to admit that my creative mojo has gone missing the last few days . . . perhaps it's from being so busy with other things.  Or perhaps it was simply a lack of inspiration.  So, I've been revisiting some challenge blogs.  I very much enjoyed perusing my photographs to come up with yesterday's posts, and I'm loving all your verbal interpretations.  Hopefully some of you will be able to also provide a visual response. I thought I'd mention that all of the photographs were taken locally - the first at a pumpkin patch last week; the second under a pier about a mile from my home; and the third on Main Street during the 4th of July parade. There are three of my favorite pictures!  Anyway, the Gingersnap Creations blog just announced another challenge for its Gothtober celebration.  This time it's arches (as in Gothic arches).  I pulled out my art journal to see where the prompt led me, and I'm pretty happy with this page titled "Ancestor." The central image is from a collage that my art friend Ann made - isn't it awesome?

10 comments:

Sian said...

Yes, it's a wonderful collage. I hope your creative urge reappears soon Rinda - bet it will.

Amy said...

I've just come off quite a prolonged period of lack of inspiration, I felt frustrated at the lack of photography and scrapping but I've been in a blogging and scrapping frenzy over the past few days ... your mojo will soon return :-)

scrappyjacky said...

Your collages are always stunning,Rinda....and I love the colours of this one as well.

humel said...

Wow, awesome indeed :-)

Anonymous said...

Pretty impressive piece if your creative mojo is missing! Impressive at any time. So glad you clarified about the location of yesterday's photos. I totally missed the water in the photo of the pier!!! I thought I was seeing trees. Guess I should be a bit more observant!

laurie said...

love your arches and the interesting characters they are covering!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Really nice job on this!

SmilynStef said...

Love the wonderful combination of images ... thanks for celebrating Goth-tober with us at Gingersnap Creations.

PetraB said...

A wonderful inspiring collage, I like very much the way you designed the various heights of the arches. Thank you for joining the Gingersnap Creations challenge.

Kris Dickinson said...

A wonderful arch. The colors are beautiful!