Thursday, March 4, 2010

Scrapbook Friday

Just a couple of layouts that I made during the Building Pages class.  I notice that my scrapbooking (and most other types of art) goes in streaks.  I have been doing a lot of scrapbooking lately, but I kindof lost momentum this week.  I am trying to finish up my 2009 pictures, so I hope to do some more scrapping this weekend.  These are both from our trip to the tree farm.  One tells the story of DD burying a paw print of our late dog Buster to create a memorial for him there. The other shows her making a wreath with my husband and posing with us.
By the way, did you know that Tim Holtz actually has at least 3 books and two videos?  I own them all, and I'm working on a mini-review.  Check back this weekend  for that!

10 comments:

Sian said...

I always look forward to your reviews Rinda. Great pages..I really do admire your work rate. I probably should be doing less thinking about layouts and more working on layouts :)

humel said...

I didn't know that! Darn it, now i have to dig deep for enough self-control not to rush out and buy the others... ;-)

Love the pages x

sharyncarlson said...

Love the pages, Rinda! Looking forward to reading your review.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I know what you mean about scrapbooking in spurts! It seems like forever since I created a layout. I'm looking forward to Shimelle's upcoming class for this reason - plan to do a lot of scrapping for a few weeks.

Great layouts here!

Elizabeth said...

Rinda, your daughter made a beautiful memorial for Buster. We have two in our backyard for two of the cats we loved.

scrappyjacky said...

I know just what you mean about spurts....and I also tend to bounce between doing lots of cardmaking....and then back to scrapbooking. I'm always in awe of how much you actually get done in a short space of time...like Sian I think I spend too much thinking...and not enough doing.

debs14 said...

I don't seem to have scrapbooked much lately, maybe I'm saving myself for the new Shimelle class ...
I'm intending to start using some old photos rather than keep taking new ones to use in layouts but keep getting distracted by all the albums of memories!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great pages! I've pretty much taken a month off from scrapbooking lately, playing with needles & thread instead, but it is starting to call me back

Amy said...

Rinda I love the colour scheme you have chosen for these pages .... I'm feeling quite inspired now! I'll look forward to your review as well, they are one of my favourite aspects of your blog.

Sonja said...

Such pretty pages. Love the photos and the paper. haha! I think I have it and need to use it! I've sooooo lost my scrapbooking momentum. Gotta get some pics in books or they'll bury me alive. lol