Friday, January 8, 2016

It's Time to Pick the Postcards!

Kat, over at Kay Eye Studios, hosts a wonderful post card swap every year. You can read the details here.  I've participated for four years now and always really enjoyed it. You can find my posts about the swap at this link. Every year, I spend some time going through my photographs to see which ones will show well as post cards. This year, I have many to choose from coming out of the Still Life Photography class that I took this year, as well as some photo outings. Here are the ones I'm sending:
These first two were taken at Filoli Gardens, where I spent a wonderful afternoon with Alison of Life in the Slow Lane.
This one was taken in San Francisco's Mission District where I toured the murals with Jacky of Scrappy Jacky.
These last two were taken in my home, as part of Kim Klassen's Still Life 52 class I participated in during the first part of the year. I think they are a pretty good representation of me as a photographer, and they will all show up well on a post card (most got more tightly cropped when converted to post card size).
Are you joining the swap? Do you have a favorite among these cards?



8 comments:

alexa said...

I remember your previous postcard swaps, Rinda - this is a lovely selection. How nice that some have memories of happy times with blog friends attached. I have to confess to liking that last one a lot - the textures of the leaves/petals are so attractive.

~*~Patty S said...

Your TIME photo really speaks to me and I am a waterlily/lotus lover.
It is not easy narrowing it down to just a few is it.
I was thinking of joining in again this year but I need to get myself in gear.
Thanks for the nudge with your inspiration here Rinda.
Happy Healthy New Year to you and your family.
oxo

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Some great images that will work really well as postcards. I particularly like the lily pads and the last shot with its contrasts.

Melissa said...

These will all make such lovely postcards! My favorite is the last one . . . probably because it's got a lovely yellow in it! :)

I especially love that you captured several of these photos while on meet-ups with blog friends! So FUN!

Anonymous said...

What lovely photos you take. I too like the lily pads best.

Carola Bartz said...

My favorite card among these beautiful images is the first one - truly lovely.

I'm not joining the swap. I've done so the first few years, but not anymore. Enjoy it!!

Alison said...

I recognised that water lily pic immediately! Xx

Missus Wookie said...

I love the branch with the flowers/petals emerging - makes me feel all hopeful.

What a fun set of images tho' and I think they'll all be happily received by your swappees.