Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Two pinks and an orange (summer of color week 2)

Kristin at the Twinkle, Twinkle blog is hosting her annual "Summer of Color" event. She selects a color palette and artists create using that palette - six weeks, six palettes, six creations - tons of fun! This summer, I'm working with plaster strips, as part of my creative focus on 3D mixed media this month. This week's combination two shades of pink and an orange. I used magenta, rose and pyrrole orange. I embedded some puzzle pieces into the plaster before I added washes of the colors. The images are from napkins; the feather is from the chicken coop. I really enjoyed the process, and it came together more easily than last week's creation. I think that's one of the wonderful things about working in the same medium each week - it gets easier and more developed.
Here are my creations from my first two weeks:
I think the both feel very summery, so I plan to continue with that as a theme. These are also pushing me to realize that I really like this style for 3D mixed media. I might experiment with a few other things this month, but I'm feeling like I may have found my groove early this month!
To see more pink and orange creations, go to this link.

23 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

They do both feel very summery....lovely.

Deborah Weber said...

Very nice indeed!

Lori Saul said...

Love your style!

Melissa said...

These are great! I really like the idea of embedding the puzzle pieces!

Linda Kunsman said...

your compositions and placement of the colors are so pleasing to the eye-great projects!

Karen said...

Oh, I really love this one!

peggy gatto said...

Wonderfully creative!

Helen said...

They're beautiful,I love them both - and definitely very summery.

Sian said...

Keep going and you'll have a wonderful wall-full to display at the end of the summer

helena said...

fabulous piece and I love that you included a feather from your hens

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love your mixed media style and the textures you used! The colors look amazing on this week's work of art! Thank you for sharing your talents with all of us here at SOC! HUGS!

froebelsternchen said...

This is another gorgeous take on the colors! Love it!

alexa said...

Wonderfully summery - and I like how your feather bridges the two patches of pink.

itsamistry said...

I love all the texture and design on your canvases. Anita #29 itsamistry Design Studio

GlorV1 said...

Great job Rinda!

debs14 said...

You are so good at mixed media work! Lovely pieces!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've always wanted to work in plaster, because there is so much texture and potential there. I think you have truly found your calling in this mixed media. I especially like the bird and the puzzle pieces.

Jenny said...

Oh these are gorgeous... I love the dimension of the plaster strips...

Kristin said...

xo

Anonymous said...

lovely...can't wait to see the rest of your creations in the weeks ahead

Jennifer Rose said...

ooh very nice :)lots of interesting textures to look and would have a hard time not reaching out to touch it, looks very tactile

Lorraine said...

So pretty. The way you used the dimensional pieces makes it so interesting. Loving the bird too, of course.

Anonymous said...

Definitely summery looking. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of yours.