Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Setting an Intention for June: 3D Mixed Media

This year, I am exploring the various types of art and craft that I have practiced over the last ten years, trying to decide where each fits in my creative life (or even if it does anymore). So far, I have focused on still life photography, sketching, scrapbooking, card making and art journaling. This month, I am setting the intention to focus on 3D mixed media work (such as canvases, assemblage and plaster).  I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty and digging through my stash!
I think this will also be a terrifically fun way to participate in this year's Summer of Color event. If you've never played along before, you should definitely consider it. Details can be found at this link.  Last year, I made little houses but only completed five out of the six color schemes. I had actually selected paint, house parts and embellishment or the color scheme of tangerine, raspberry with a touch of lemon but never put it all together. So, yesterday I did, and here's the result (front and back).

And here are all six of my houses together.
 
Who else is doing summer of color this year? What are you planning to work with?

7 comments:

alexa said...

I have never joined in with this, Rinda, but it looks very interesting, and I'll follow the link. Your little houses make such a colourful village together. And those colours and textures of the shells are beautiful ... I'm looking forward to seeing your mixed media adventures!

debs14 said...

I love those little houses! I need to look at that link, it sounds interesting.

Sian said...

It's good to see the final little house joining the others. You know how much I loved them

BJ said...

So adore your little hoses, I'd love to do that for SOC5.

Not been "with it" physically lately, the doctor thinks I have labyrinthitis as I fainted in church last Sunday and have tinnitus and mild headaches too.

I have just back from a walk round the block with my husband (first time out since the doctors on Monday) and I saw a lovely ornate door knocker but no camera - typical.

I have just printed off the list so I am ready to go now. BJ

BJ said...

Oops, one question about the college or university #10.

Do you mean an establishment you go to to do a degree? I have been having a BIG debate about the terminology with my 16yr old son as I called my university, "college" as it was a university college. However, a college can also refer to a 6th form (the 2 years before degree). He'll be going to a 6th form college in September.

I'm guessing you don't really mind, but thought I'd ask anyways. Thanks BJ

JulieJ said...

Those little houses are so cute - love them.

Gail said...

So nice to see those lovely little houses all together.