Tuesday, June 24, 2014

ZIZO #26: Laverne Needs a Bath

We're in a bit of a  drought here in California, and the chicken's aviary has become quite dusty. I've read that chickens give themselves dust baths and generally don't need to be bathed. But, seriously, Laverne, you're looking really scruffy. And Clara is thinking about giving you a bath. Clara's friend, Ashley, who shows chickens and runs the egg program at the high school has volunteered to come over and help. I'm planning to stay back. . . and take lots of pictures! Linking up with Helena's zoom in zoom out meme.

14 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like it's going to be a riot! Looking forward to the photos!!!

Sian said...

Honestly, is there a better name for a chicken than Laverne? I think not.

Lesley G said...

Good luck!

Karen said...

Can't imagine trying to bathe a chicken!

debs14 said...

Oh my goodness, be sure to get photos!

nancy y said...

oh I can't wait to see the photos, that's going to be something giving a chicken a bath!

helena said...

sounds like a fun and photo worthy endeavour to bath a chicken

Ida said...

Not good about the drought. Hope you get rain soon.
Laverne does look a bit dusty so hopefully she gets that bath. Do shot after photos.

Lou said...

that'll definitely be one to scrap x

Anonymous said...

the photos from the chicken wash should be amusing!!

Abi said...

I never knew you could bathe chickens. I can't wait to see the photos!

Miriam said...

I can't wait to see photographic evidence, I had no idea you had to/ could bath a chicken! it sounds hysterical to me. What a great ZIZO.

Jimjams said...

Can't wait to see what a chicken bath looks like!

Anonymous said...

That sounds really involved! Hope they had good luck with it.