Sunday, June 8, 2014

Challenge Cards for Refreshing Blog Event

Jennifer Grace ran a fantastic blog event this weekend with the theme of refreshing your craft and your soul. When I read about the event, I resolved to squeeze some time out of my busy weekend to do a few of the challenges and make some cards (especially for graduation parties I'm attending next weekend). These cards, using Studio 45 paper and stickers, as well as some patterned paper and card stock from my stash were made in response to her "keep it simple" challenge.  They're for two very special team mates of Clara that are graduating this year.
I also made these card in response to the "teal, orange and white" challenge.  The second one is birthday-themed, but I think the first one can work for graduation.
I had lots of fun checking in with the event, as time allowed. The challenges and many of the give-aways are still open. You can check out the wrap-up post here.  Thanks Jennifer for a fun weekend!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Gosh, I nearly thought I was on Jacky's blog when those first two cards showed up - then again, you both are good layerers!

Anonymous said...

A couple of lovely looking cards and then some fun ones! Looks you made good use of your creative time this weekend.

scrappyjacky said...

Well thank you,Amy....I do love those first two cards,Rinda....I can definately see myself making something similar.

Lou said...

Jennifer's blog event was very inspiring...Great cards x

Melissa said...

Great cards Rinda - those first two are especially lovely! I was able to read & enjoy all the posts this weekend, create a gift tag, and finally late yesterday to create a few Christmas cards. I'm hoping to use the sketch she shared for a layout this week if I can squeeze it in among some chores & errands.

Jennifer Grace said...

Fabulous cards Rinda! I especially love the last one with the four images on, it's so fun and could be given to a range of ages! Thank you so much for joining in the Challenges at Jennifer Grace Creates! x

Missus Wookie said...

I like the variations in the cards and that cat eat dessert first stamp made me laugh :)

Jo Murray said...

Congratulations on winning the Refresh challenge with your cards Rinda!!