Saturday, February 15, 2014

On the Road with Georgia O'Keeffe

I was talking to Clara this evening, and she said:
"You know what's cool, mom?"
"No, what?"
"You're going to be in three different states today!"
And, yes, it's true. Although I don't know if it's cool or just exhausting.  I just got back from a quick business trip to Chicago. With three hours to pack and eat dinner, Clara and I are just about to head off for Oregon to visit Henry for a few days. 
While I'm traveling, I'm working on copying and channeling Georgia O'Keeffe. I created the shell photo above on the plane, using Inktense blocks and pens. It's my copy of this:
I'm taking my art supplies with me.  I'll share what I create when I get back. In the meantime, enjoy your weekend!

13 comments:

Amy said...

That's a terrific likeness ... enjoy the visit with Henry.

scrappyjacky said...

Have a great visit.

Sheena said...

Have a great visit x
Your art is a really good likeness :)

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Definitely leaning towards exhausting, but it will be lovely to spend time with your boy (and girl) for a few days. We are fans of Georgia O'Keefe here and my girl will be starting the "Natural Forms" part of her GCSE when she goes back after half term. Great job of the shell.

debs14 said...

What a great thought, three States in 24 hours! Enjoy your visit.

sky-blu-pink said...

Love this!

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely visit with Henry and I prefer your softer tones to the ones in the original print.

Sian said...

Have a wonderful time!

I envy your ability to travel long distances and see different places without ever having to actually leave the country. We're a bit more limited here!

Kokopelli said...

Love the colors in yours.

Sandie said...

You are getting about! Love this image of the shell, beautiful

Melissa said...

Wow - great job!!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

alexa said...

Hoping you all have a lovely time together and your inner O'Keefe continues to romp merrily :).

Miriam said...

I love the idea of your inner O'Keefe romping merrily! Hope you have a good trip and yes your shell is a great copy.