Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Reflecting on my OLW for 2012

For 2012, I chose "home" as my One Little Word.  I've been using it as an inspiration to get my physical home in order - organizing and purging room by room.  I've made a lot of progress but still have a lot to do (mainly the garage, which will take many, many sessions).  I've also been focusing on (as the art journal page above says) "the place my heart calls home." I've been working on my relationships with my husband and children - challenging but rewarding!  Finally, I've been working to find the place where my artistic muse feels most at home.  I've been learning drawing and water color painting.  And am happy with how I'm integrating these into my art journaling and mixed media collage.  I know I'll never give up photography, but I need to learn more about how to use my new camera.  I've done some scrapbooking and card making, too, but those have taken a bit of a back seat during the first quarter of 2012.  But that's okay.  Those will find their time, too.
So, did you choose a "one little word" for 2012? What are you doing with it? 

10 comments:

Amy said...

I have enjoyed following your progress thus far - keep up the good work!

Sian said...

..and I second that!

Alison said...

I third it!!..you ARE doing well
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Good job with your OWL! I didn't choose one this year

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

that anonymous was me.

Becky said...

Enjoying seeing your progress so far. My OWL was celebrate. I haven't blogged about it much - been doing too much of it! Hope to get scrapbook pages done of the celebrating as the year goes on and then blog them.

Karen said...

You're doing a great job with your OLW. Mine is balance and although I'm still struggling to get to some things I want to do, overall the first three months have been pretty productive.

laurie said...

my word is "action" because i really feel there are some things i need to get done NOW. the first (almost) three months have not been as productive as i had hoped but the year is still young!

helena said...

I'm enjoying the multiple components of your word. My word for 2012 is 'hello' and my travels so far this year have given me plenty of opportunities - now I have to apply them back home

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

You're doing such a great job keeping up with your OLW and I love that you document the progress on your blog.

My OLW is butterfly, and I've kind of slacked off on keeping it in front of me, but I have an art project in mind that really needs to get done so I'll quit thinking about it!