Friday, June 12, 2015

Scrapbook Friday: Chippy Layouts of the Boy

Keeping up with my 2015 intention to scrap at least four layouts a month and post them here on my blog on Fridays, here are two I completed recently at a crop. After I pulled the photos and papers for these layouts, I was feeling a little uninspired. So, I decided to find some inspiration by turning to a neglected embellishment (which I have a ton of): chipboard and its fancy Tim Holtz cousin grunge board.  The top layout uses over 25 pieces of chip board and tells the story of Henry's summer employment. For the bottom layout, I used a chipboard house and then some grunge board elements to create an embellishment for a page about him moving out of the dorm and into the fraternity house at University. 
So, confession time. Do you have a big stock pile of a certain embellishment that you haven't used in ages? What is it? Any plans to get it out of your stash and onto a page? I gotta tell you. It feels good!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Great job! The embellishments worked wonderfully. Yes, I had multiple stashes and have given almost all of it away in the last year. Chipboard was one of them! I had a huge button collection, and pared it down to about 1/8 of the original collection. Some of the others that I hadn't used in years, I just donated in their entirety. Probably felt as good as using yours on a layout. :-)

Sian said...

I was going to say no..but now when I think about it I haven't used buttons in a while either.

Ladkyis said...

I am simply going to answer your question with "yes" and leave it at that. trying to explain just makes me hot with embarrassment.

Missus Wookie said...

Grunge board is one of those things I like and have quite a bit of but do I use it.... um no. Great use of it here tho', well done on getting four pages done.

Anonymous said...

They both look great and I hate to admit it - but what is chipboard and grunge board? As for my stash that I haven't used in years - stickers! Time to get rid of them all somehow.