Friday, December 18, 2009

Tim Tags . . . almost done



So, these are the last of my completed Tim Holtz tags that I haven't posted.  The one up top is the kids when they were much younger.  I plan to put it at the end of my JYC.  The color on the tag is a little odd, but I love the picture. It brings back such strong sense memories. Henry is nervous . . . I can tell because he's holding his own hands. I can almost remember how his hands felt at that age.  Clara is also nervous.  She didn't want to get on Santa's lap and only agreed if Henry would go with her.  She's keeping her eyes on her big brother, looking for clues as to what to do and for reassurance that everything is alright.  Even though they're bigger now and fight a lot, I know in my heart of hearts they are still there for each other in the same way.

The tag at left was one of my favorites all season. I loved making ornaments from fragments, loved the beauty of the background and loved learning that you could put stickles under the fragments.

By the way, if you made tags, there's a great giveaway at this blog, run by a certified Ranger instructor.

8 comments:

Margi said...

I am so in love with all of your tags and yuppers, I am thinking the ornie tag is my favorite! WOO HOO!

Sian said...

I love the santa photo tag because of the story behind it, and I love the ornament one because it is just so cool!

MonicaB said...

Great Tags! The picture of your children is precious. And thanks for the link to the other tag giveaway! Happy Holidays!

Suzanne said...

those are great! especially the one with your children - adorable, and such a cute story.

(on a side note, my sister and i were best buds when we were little, then fought like cats & dogs during our teenage years, but now we're best friends again :)

craft mad Jenny said...

wow, those tags are great - just love the inked effect!

scrappyjacky said...

I just love your tags,Rinda...love the way you've incorporated a xmas photo into one of them.
Glad you liked the card.

Amy said...

One of my favourite things about scrapbooking or, art with words and photos is the ability to remember so much more about how life has been and the personalities which shape our lives.

humel said...

Oh, I think that might be my fave too - but I love them all, thanks for sharing :-)