Saturday, December 12, 2009

(Art) Journal Your Christmas

In 2006, I completed Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas class as an art journal.  I did each prompt on a 5x7 card with art work on one side and journaling on the other.  I have my entire journal set up to run as a slideshow on Christmas Day, but I wanted to share a few of my favorite entries throughout December.  So as not to spoil the prompts for people who are taking the class for the first time, I'm waiting to share my entries until after the prompts post.  I hope you enjoy these!

Day 12: Christmas Past (click to enlarge)


Journaling reads:  "I have such happy memories of 'Christmas Past' - the Christmases of my childhood with my five brothers and sisters. Our living room was the centerpiece of Christmas. We'd always have a huge tree with lots of presents - I remember Green Ghost and my Cinderella watch in the pictures here.  One year Santa brought my brother Petey a puppy, who became Happy, our family dog of almost twenty years.  I'm thankful my parents blessed me with those memories."

6 comments:

Sian said...

Beautiful!

scrappyjacky said...

Love the vintage feel of this one...and I too remember a giant xmas tree.
I have a quote [not sure who from] that says "never worry about the size of your christmas tree,to children they are all 30 foot tall'.....probably true!!

humel said...

Once again - amazing :-) Thanks for sharing x

Amy said...

Just lovely Rinda - I'm going to have to get the thesaurus out to find new adjectives when commenting here, I hope you don't get sick of 'lovely, gorgeous and wonderful' from me ;-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love your art journal Rinda!

The Scrappy Tree said...

This is a great take on the JYC idea, love it!