Sunday, March 6, 2016

Scrapping with Shimelle!

Happy Mothering Sunday to all my UK friends! To celebrate, Shimelle is hosting a scrapbooking weekend. I created layouts for all five of her challenges yesterday, and I'm sharing them here on my blog. This first one is for the monochromatic challenge. It's Clara's photo from her track season.
Next up is my boy. This is for the challenge to scrap a larger photo. I've been trying to figure out how to end his sports album, and this one did the trick. It's got a bit more layering of bits and bobs in Shimelle fashion.
This one was hard. It took me forever, and I'm still not thrilled with it. I  made it for the "scrap something that has value/meaning" challenge. It's the photos I took when I packed up all of Henry's childhood stuff when he went off to college. I wanted it to be nostalgic and to capture meaningful journaling. I didn't really get there, but at least it's done.
This one is better! The challenge was to create a "color blocked" layout. I did used to have all those color blocking templates that Shimelle blogged about! LOL! But I"m pretty sure they went at a garage sale years ago. One thing I really liked about this layout (about Clara volunteering at Guide Dogs) is that I used eyelets, which I haven't used forever! Since all the tools are out, I might do a few more eyelet layouts today.
And finally, the challenge to scrap "older photos." These are from 2014, but what makes them older is that I thought my 2014 album was done. But when I was organizing all the completed pages yesterday, I found this stack (with papers and embellies already picked out) together in a page protector! Luckily, it only took 15 minutes to put the page together, and it was a great way to end a fun day of scrapping.
Hoping to do a bit more today!

9 comments:

alexa said...

You have been super-productive! These pages are all very different but also very 'you'. How satisfying to have found a way to close his album ... Great to have such a big photo.

Karen said...

I love large photos, but never seem to find the right way to use them. That page of yours is great! What a productive day of scrapping!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Well done! Have a wonderful day!

Amanda said...

Wow, you've been busy. I can't imagine doing five pages in one day. I particularly like your large photo and your colour-blocking pages.

Sian said...

I like the one of all Henry's things and I expect it will become more meaningful without you having to do anything else to it, as time goes on.

Patio Postcards said...

What a wonderful way to spend a weekend; productive & fun a perfect blend.

The Mann Fam said...

How fun! Love the layout with the large picture of your son.

Susanne said...

Good for you - that's lots a good scrapping. Keep it up.

Missus Wookie said...

Great use of that big photo and well done on finishing off the 2014 album again!