Monday, February 15, 2016

Memorandum Monday: A Return to Creativity

Welcome to Memorandum Monday! A chance to share your weekend adventures and reflect on new experiences, hosted by Sian of From High in the Sky. 
Last week I went to a crop and put all my Christmas card photos from 2015 into the proper album. It was great to complete a project and got me in the mood for scrapbooking. So, I organized my photos from 2013 (the only year I have printed and undone) and then sat down to order photos from 2015 and 2016 (somewhere along the line, I had already completed 2014). I discovered that most of my 2015 photos were on my iphone and decided to just print them at shutterfly. Well, this weekend was the first time I used the shutterfly app to download pictures off my iphone, and it worked like a dream! 
After downloading them, I got on my computer and made the first photobook ever for Henry (of their soccer national championship tournament) and ordered all my photos for 2015 and 2016. I was so pleased with myself!
I'm very excited to return scrapbooking and have a few dates planned with friends over the next month. Next step, organizing a few page kits so it will be easy to complete them.
What else was I up to this weekend? Gardening - I've been trying to spend about half hour every few days outside pulling weeds and cleaning up. Getting ready for spring! 
I also did a little doodling of hearts that might make their way into my art journals. For these, I totally owe my inspiration to Laurie over at Lone Black Bird. She has printable heart coloring pages that I copy and use as a jumping off point. Here's a page I made last week:
They're in my sketchbook. I plan to use them as a reference for art journal pages.
What were you up to this weekend? Anything new to share?
Have a great week, and thank you all so much for your comments on my brave post from Friday. Your support means more than you know. I love having a safe place to share.

11 comments:

Karen said...

Looks like a fun weekend to me. I've been making cards like crazy for Valentines, but also for all the birthdays coming up in March and early April since we'll be away quite a bit. (Well, actually, a LOT!)

Sian said...

It's great to hear you are excited about scrapbooking again! Using an app like that to get photos off my phone and printed out in a big batch is next on my list of technological advances to master.

Have a good creative week Rinda

debs14 said...

I need to try that app, so many photos on my phone that I'd like to have printed.

Lady Ella said...

Lovin' the hearts page!

Susanne said...

Sweet hearts page. And there is nothing like completing a project to keep the creative juices flowing, is there? (Says the woman who hasn't yet dealt with the Christmas cards. It's no wonder my mojo is MIA.)

helena said...

sounds s very productive sorting session - love all the hearts - have a great week

Jane said...

sounds like you have been busy, look forward to seeing more scrapbooking.

Patio Postcards said...

Hearts, scrapping, what a perfect combination. Hope you have a creative week.

Alison said...

I scrapped this weekend too!...love the hearts xx

Cheri said...

seeing the photo of your watercolors just makes me want to play! Unfortunately it is grey and ugly and uninspiring in these parts and work calls.

Melissa said...

Oh my, just reading this makes me want to scrapbook! :) I did create two pages yesterday with the Starting Points I made last month, and I've been organizing some photos today.