Monday, January 20, 2014

OLW Check-In: New Year's Revolution

When was the last time you sat down with a cup of tea, a pencil, paper, and time to ponder exactly what you want to get out of your life?  At the beginning of the year, I signed up for the free class "New Year's Revolution" by Do What You Love.  I thought it was a good way to focus on my one little word for 2014: illuminate. It turned out be a wonderful way to shine a spot light on different parts of my life and make concrete plans for moving forward. The work sheets helped me think deeply about what I learned in 2013 and where I want to be at the end of 2014. I came up with four areas to focus on, and two of them surprised me a bit. That I want to focus on getting fit and helping Clara are no surprise, but my desire to become successful in my work life and end the year with a beautifully decorated house really will force me to change my priorities a bit. The worksheets were really useful for coming up with concrete action plans in each of these areas and creating time lines for accomplishing things over the course of the year. I decided to make January a month for "first steps." I'm figuring out the things I want to do and starting to make plans. I'm starting to illuminate a path for a wonderful 2014. 
The class is still available, and you can download the worksheets here. How are things going with your One Little Word?

8 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for the link; just downloaded the worksheets, but won't get to them until the weekend. I'm making remarkable progress with my OLW: Simplify. I'm in the midst of the biggest purge/organization of my studio that I've ever undertaken. Even when I moved my studio to a new room, I didn't do this kind of reorganization. I've gotten some other areas cleaned up as well. It's feeling pretty good, but taking a lot of time!

Sian said...

Wow, I certainly do admire your determination and methodical approach. I have a much more vague idea about just "doing more stuff", though it has at least resulted in me going to Pilates last night for the first time in years. Keep up the good work!

Melissa said...

I spent a good bit of time in December thinking about what I want this year & I have 5 basic goals - focus on healthy living, have FUN, deep clean/declutter/redecorate the house, and two that involved our careers & researching changes & opportunities there.

I've just downloaded the worksheets - I think it will be good to work through them as a review. Thanks for the link!

Ladkyis said...

I thought what a good idea, and then I thought 'I'm retired, what the heck do I need all that planning for? I'll just be glad to have a year without illness'
So you helped me sort out what I want this year LOL

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I didn't end up with a word. Instead I am "Finding the Shiny" which has been a challenge lately but I'm working on it. Mostly I am fixated on my attempt to do Project Life this year instead of P365.

It's not looking good.

Jo Murray said...

Getting your priorities straight is half the battle...not getting distracted too often is the other half. Good .luck with your plan Rinda. My word 'Focus' is getting a battering.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Thanks for the link to the download, and thanks for sharing your OLW progress. I've had lots of opportunities this past week to keep my OLW "trust" in the foreground. Lots of changes swirling around and focusing on my OLW is helping to keep me grounded.

Really cool shot with your illuminate ring!

Anonymous said...

Its nice hearing how you're coming along with your OLW this year. In all the preparations for going away on our trip I ended up not picking a word this year. (: