Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Look Up/ Look Down #1

Helena of Helena's Creative Maven selected a weekly photo prompt for 2013, which she calls, "Look Up, Look Down, Repeat 52 Times."  I liked her idea immediately and bookmarked it, but thought I shouldn't take something on that would last a whole year.  But as others joined in,  I found myself unable to resist.  I think I'll try to post these on Wednesday, instead of Wordless Wednesday. I guess I'll only be repeating 50 times, but that's okay.
The up picture shows the neighbors deck with frost on the glass because we've had record lows here (in the high 30's - this is California, after all!).  The down picture shows lichen on my deck where I'm standing. To me, the lichen resembles snow flakes, completing my wintery scene.
I'm not sure Helena meant to start a "thing," but I think she has! Anyone else joining in?

13 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Must admit I never thought you got frost over there....we get plenty of it here....but at least we've been spared the snow so far!!!!

Elizabeth said...

I had considered joining in Look Up, Look Down but haven't decided yet. If I do join in it won't be for 52 weeks because two weeks have already passed. I think your lichen is very pretty and they do look like snow flakes!

debs14 said...

Your frost looks much warmer than our snow! I like the idea of this Look Up Look Down. Looking forward to seeing what other pictures you come up with.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

It's fun to see these photos - I really do want to play along!

I thought the lichen looked like puzzle pieces at first! Really cool shot, Rinda. xo

Miriam said...

The lichen looks so pretty, Helena has started something really good here hasn't she?

Cate Brickell said...

Love these photos, especially the lichen! I like the idea of posting these photos on Wednesdays, I might put my thinking cap on...

Carola Bartz said...

I love the beautiful texture on your deck photos. Our lows are in the high 20's - pretty cold for California, isn't it.

helena said...

great to have you along on the journey

Sian said...

I like the thought of your Californian version of snowflakes

Anonymous said...

I like that picture of the lichen. Wish our snow looked like that. I'm thinking of doing it but it won't be for 52 weeks as 2 have already gone by and I'm stuck in the house for now.

Karen said...

Love the story of the hair color! Clara's new locks are beautiful. I'm saying hello today to catching up with blogs, unpacking, and trying to adjust to cold, snowy, gray skies.

Jennifer Grace said...

Great idea for a series of photos. I might try it next time I go out! I love the shot of the lichen, it's so textural. x

Melissa said...

We've had cold weather here, too. In the 20s at night & not nearly warm enough in the daytime! :>)