Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ten on the Tenth: Cards from Scraps

I've been accumulating lots of scraps and ephemera odds and ends from the scrapbook pages I've been making for Shimelle's Pretty Paper Party class.  So, I sat down to make some cards with them.  These two Christmas cards came together very easily.  But the rest of the scraps left me feeling uninspired.  I did, however, find in my crafting bag a ziplock baggie full of photographs, matching card stock mats and card blanks to make a whole batch of photo cards. I have a vague recollection of putting this kit together for a crop once upon a time.  So, I sat down with my paper trimmer and ATG gun and whipped up these cards in no time flat:
So happy to have them done! And extra happy to have them out of my bag!
************************************************************************
Today I am grateful for: Happy Surprises

15 comments:

Amy said...

Photo cards are my favourites and I am very impressed with your using up of scraps - well done!

Anonymous said...

Love your photo cards too. Such a fabulous way of sending greetings and one I hadn't thought of before but will certainly be considering now I have see yours.

Margi said...

Love, Love, Love all your cards. I should get Krissy to do some photo cards for me with some of her pics. Kewlio!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I rarely think to use photos on my cards, but yours are inspiring me.

laurie said...

great cards! i especially like the one featuring your photo of the tree.

Sian said...

Nifty idea for a 10 post! Photo cards always feel very special and personal, like the photo was taken just for you

Irene said...

Your photos cards cheered me up.

Connie Mercer said...

Beautiful cards!!! I love using my scraps!!!

The Mann Fam said...

Love your cards. I am so glad you posted this because you have inspired me and giving me an idea for a Christmas gift for my mom. She love having cards on hand for all those special occasions. I think she'll like this idea. Thanks, Rinda. Oh and I'm looking forward to see the scrapbook. :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards - I have never thought of using my photos on cards - maybe I will try some.

Lizzie said...

It's really time I had a card-making session... how long is it since I last did?

Love those cards - the photo ones are just great (and the Christmas cards from scraps are quite inspiring!)

Beverly said...

I had lunch yesterday with a friend that does the photography for all her cards. between the two of you,I believe I am inspired :)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Cute cards!

Carola Bartz said...

Great use of your scraps (I have tons of scraps as well and try to use them constantly), and I really like your photo cards. The green and purple work nicely with each other.

Alison said...

I've never thought of photo-cards before...thanks for the inspiration Rinda!
Alison xx