Monday, July 5, 2010

4 people 12 times (July 4 edition) and 5 minute photos

My sister-in-law Annie is a fabulous photographer, and she snapped this picture of us at the Surfer's Beach jetty last night, during a post-BBQ, pre-fireworks walk.  I loved it so much I decided to make it my July "4 people, 12 times" entry.  Don't know what I'm talking about?  Check out this post for an explanation or click here for my second photo in the series.
In other news, Shimelle's class "Love Your Photos, Love Your Pages" just started.  One of the first challenges was to grab your camera and take a photo within five minutes.  Egad! I was in my pajamas, cruising the internet with my first cup of coffee. But I dutifully grabbed my camera and went upstairs.  I found my brother and his daughter enjoying breakfast (they're visiting from Southern California) :
I also managed to get a picture of DD Clara all dressed and ready to go to Jr. Guards:
I know her backpack is stuffed with her wetsuit, lunch and towels (all of which she packed herself).  She's wearing her Jr. Guard sweatshirt and t-shirt and holding her go-to breakfast on the run - a Luna Bar.  I love how this photo captures so much of her summer!

10 comments:

Amy said...

Rinda that is by far my favourite family photo of yours this year - excellent! Actually, frame worthy I think :-)
You did very well with your 5 minute challenge - I've cheated and just taken mine after having the whole day .... well, it was taken within the first 5 minutes of me having the camera out for the day!

Margi said...

Love the fam pic Rinda and the 5 minute pics are awesome! Seems the quick pics are the ones I fall in love with the fastest! Can't wait to see the results of the rest of the prompts from Shimelle's class.

scrappyjacky said...

That's a great photo to add to your 4 people 12 times collection.

humel said...

That is indeed a great pic of the four of you :-) I also love both your 'spontaneous' shots - I was just admiring them on the forum! xx

Jennifer Grace said...

Great photos. The one of your brother and niece is so sweet! It's good you've managed to capture lovely photos that you may not have normally thought to take. x

Sian said...

I love what you've captured on the spur of the moment..both photos seem so full of life.

Cheri said...

gorgeous family shot!

Cheryl said...

what a fantastic family photo x

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

gorgeous shots!

Julie Shoemaker said...

What a great family photo Rinda...you have a lovely fam!!