Sunday, May 16, 2010

A bouquet of flowers for you!

Birthday Party month continues over at Something Completely Different, and they're featuring twinchies this month.  I submitted one with a butterfly theme last week, and here's my submission for this week on the theme of flowers.  I used the same background - plaster, sprayed with adirondack color wash.  I was drawn to a slightly subtle "take" on the flower theme.
Meanwhile, in the Get out of Auto Mode photography class I'm taking at BPS, one of the assignments was to take pictures of flowers using close-up mode.  I was pretty happy with these two shots:


When I took wildflower pictures on my nature hike a few weeks ago, I liked the flower pictures taken in portrait mode best.  To get pictures I really liked with the close-up mode, I found that I really had to fill the whole frame with whatever I was photographing.  I'm still working on the other assignments for the first week of the class.
Finally, here are two photo cards I made with some of the prints from my wildflower walk.
Hope you enjoyed this bouquet of flowers!

14 comments:

Amy said...

Rinda, the second close up shot of flowers is so striking. I know you will do a round up/review of your class ... but, how are you finding it? I have been hesitant to sign up for an online photography class as there are so many good free ones and great free tutorials and I'm wondering if the money is well spent?

Sian said...

Beautiful close up shots. I, too, am looking forward to your review of this class. I'm following Mel in downloading the free classes at 2Peas and I'm finding them useful.

Margi said...

Love the close up shots. Krissy has been doing a lot of macro photography lately and I totally love. I'm the only one in the house that uses the auto mode for taking pics. LOL
Love the purple SHARE as well! Too pretty.

sharyncarlson said...

Love the close up shots! Those red flowers are especially pretty!

Abi said...

Rinda, these are so so lovely! You have a real eye for spotting such beautiful flowers! xxx

Abi said...

Rinda, these are so so lovely! You have a real eye for spotting such beautiful flowers! xxx

Anonymous said...

lovely, of course!

Mariana

Crafting Queen said...

Great twinchie, love the edge and the colour. Great photos of the flowers. anesha

debs14 said...

What pretty flowers, and your photography is excellent. Thanks for sharing another part of where you live!

humel said...

I enjoyed it very much :-) It's a gorgeous twinchie, and the close-up photos are fab! xx

Anonymous said...

The close-ups are great. I especially like the second one. And your cards are great, too. I never think to use my photography on my cards. Too busy stamping I guess.

Cheri said...

Beautiful photos Rinda - and I especially LOVE the photo cards you made!

Laura said...

Great Twinchie and a reat image. reat flower photos too! Thanks for joining us at SCD this week. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Fab photos.