Sunday, November 15, 2009

Scrapbook Sunday

I've been a little surprised by how many people are voting to see scrapbook pages on my blog, so I've decided to dedicate Sunday posts to scrapbook pages.  Hopefully this will motivate me to scrap.  I'm really hoping this will evolve into a weekly feature on heritage scrapbook pages, so that I will get to that project sooner rather than later.  In the meantime, here's a couple of pages for your enjoyment.  And don't forget to leave a comment on this post after you vote in the poll to have an opportunity to claim the prize in this week's week-end give away. The deadline is 9:00 p.m. California time.

So Strong (click on layout to enlarge it)

Product used:  Club Scrap Solstice kit
Why I chose this layout:  it features some of my most recent photos, and I wanted to capture my thoughts before I forgot them.
Favorite bits:  the journaling and the pictures.  Journaling reads "I hadn't seen Clara swim in a while, and I was taken aback by her performance in this meet.  Five races, five personal bests.  Already chasing A-times at the 12 year old standards.  But what really struck me was her demeanor . . . so strong.  Gone was the goofy, nervous novice, replaced by a strong, powerful competitor.  10/31/09"
What I would change: the journaling on the left should be about half an inch higher.

Huntington Beach (click on layout to enlarge it)


Product used:  Club Scrap Maritime Collection from 2009 Cruise
Why I chose this layout:  because it features a picture of my big brother, Pete. His birthday was Friday.
Favorite bits:  the seahorses; the tag (which I made in the very first class I ever took at a LSS); the journaling on the left which I added after a Shimelle prompt on improving your journaling. Original journaling read, "The big cousins play in the waves while M. watches from the shore."  I added:  "Is this what we looked like?  Could that be Dad holding Tricia's hand while Cordie, Petey, Tommy and I play in the waves? I have such strong memories of going to Huntington Beach as a child, but I never thought about it from my parents' point-of-view before."

15 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

What great layouts....we see things so differently once we are adults.Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog....and I'll try to increase the font size a bit....hadn't realised how small it was.....it's so useful when people leave helpful comments.

Linda said...

Love those LOs! I love to hear the stories in them as well, so thanks for that. Looking forward to your weekly 'heritage' post - I too need to get back to my heritage project.

Kim Winter said...

love the layouts! I got one of my monthly kits yesterday and I am trying to decide what to do with it. Make the 8x8 book or just some 12x12 pages.....

Liberty :) said...

lovely! i am thrilled to see some double pages too, as few people seem to do these nowadays!

Sian said...

I love the idea of Scrapbook Sunday..thank you for your lovely comment on my own version of it! I love seeing double pagers because I'm not very good at them myself.

scrappyjacky said...

Me again....tried to increase font size when I posted today....but Blogger doesn't seem to be playing along.....am going to have to 'investigate ' a bit more!!!

JO SOWERBY said...

what a fab idea, i really love the scond LO on your page...there is so much to see and a g8 use of colours and the LO of photos, u've really used all the available space.
jo xxx

Lizzie said...

These are great layouts. I love to scrap double l/o too. Not many folks seem to just now.
Did you make the designs for the papers you used on the swimming l/o? I like them and they are unusual. Love the little seahorses on the beach one!

Tracy said...

I love those los, beach/swimming los are my favourites.

Carrie/scrapchick said...

Nice layout! Way to go getting lots of pics on! :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Thanks everyone. I am definitely a double page l/o fit lots of pix on the l/o kind of gal. I hadn't realized they were both water-related until you pointed it out! Lizzie, the paper on the first l/o is from Club Scrap, and the only thing I added was the shiny discs. They have terrific paper, and it's all original to them.
Rinda

Cat said...

Great idea for a feature - i'll definitely be popping back to check it out.
I LOVE your So Strong layout too - gorgeous and a fantastic topic!

Thanks also for your congratulations on my blog!

Cat said...

Ha ha - I've just realised it wasn't you - excuse my silliness!!

Jay said...

Lovely LOs. My darling daughter spent her 15th birthday on Huntington Beach.

Angela2932 said...

Great idea. . . devoting one day to scrapbook pages (even though I voted for photography). My intentions to scrap often go awry. I really like how you created this layout, and how you were able to use a number of photos on the 2 pages.