Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Photographer's Eye

Vignette #14: Pride of Madeira
When walking the dogs in the open space recently, I noticed that the winter rains had brought this bush ("Pride of Madeira") into bloom.  At the time, I didn't have my camera with me (not even my iphone), but I resolved to return and take some photographs.
My photographer's eye yearned to capture the intense purples of the alien-looking rosette blossoms.  I'm glad I returned to capture these images. Have you ever returned to capture an image you missed the first time around?
*******************************************************************************
My Photographer's Eye is a semi-regular series designed to feature my instagram photography and a brief accompanying narrative. You can see the other vignettes in this series by clicking on this link

17 comments:

Amy said...

Yes, and I also have been known to drive specifically out of my way in order to take a photo of something somewhere ... actually, I have even commandeered (sp?) a boat to get some coastal shots I wanted. Luckily TE is very obliging in those particular moments of madness .... and we have a boat!

Sian said...

I often intend to..let's put it like that!

Cheri said...

I have intended to numerous times. I actually have a few times!

Jo Murray said...

That's a gorgeous plant Rinda. Thanks for the great photo that introduced it to me.

Head Krazy said...

Beautiful photograph! Such interesting texture!

Irene said...

I have not returned to take a photo, but I have returned to pick up junk or treasurers off the street. My sons hate when I do that.

Irene said...

Forgot to say, those are some beautiful flowers. Wondering - How tall are they?

Carola Bartz said...

You bet I did! Your pride of Madeira is gorgeous - thank you for posting these. They're all over the place at the coast at the moment and I never knew what the name of this plant is. Glad I'm wiser now!

alexa said...

They look wonderful en masse like this ... I sometimes think I will, but more often don't!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

very interesting looking plant!

Karen said...

Yes, I go back, and like Amy, often go out of my way to capture an image. These are beautiful. It's a plant I don't know.

Abi said...

Those are beautiful and I love that you went back to capture the image.

Miriam said...

These are lovely I have never seen them before and I do go back to photograph something I saw but couldn't stop. My husband sometimes drives me so that I don't have to worry about stopping or parking somewhere unsuitable!

~*~Patty S said...

WOWEE they really are extraordinary ... the rare times I leave the house without my camera ... well you know how it is so I try to always have it with me
oxo

Nathalie said...

We have lots of those around here too and they are quite stunning when in bloom... not so much the rest of the time. Didn't know their name though so thank you!

Melissa said...

We were out last weekend & the bluebonnets were in bloom, so this weekend we made a point to take the camera out for another drive & capture them before they wither away!

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely pictures Rinda. As for going back to get a picture, I intend to sometimes but that's usually about as far as I get.