A while ago, my friend Carrie of Rosalind Revival tagged me with eleven interesting questions. I thought today was a good day to answer them because it is also the day to post my self-portrait for Urban Muser's "In the Picture" challenge. The theme for March's self portrait is black and white. I took the picture above on my back deck. Now, on to Carrie's questions and my answers:
1. What is the last concert you went to? New Year's Eve, 2012. We saw a funk legend called Maceo Parker. It was so much fun!
2. How many rooms/bathrooms are there in your house and who do you share your home with? We have three bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, plus a living room, dining room, kitchen and laundry room. I share them with my husband Paul, daughter Clara, son Henry, cat JJ and dog Gypsy.
3. If you could listen to only three CDs for the rest of your life, which three would you pick?
Grateful Dead, American Beauty
Avett Brothers, I and Love and You
(Yeah, I know these are seriously dating me)
4. What is your all-time favorite movie?
Philadelphia Story - love Jimmy Stewart, love Cary Grant, love Katherine Hepburn
5. If you could have dinner with one person, living or dead, who would it be?
I'd have to say my dad. I miss having dinner with him - enjoying good food and drink and listening to his stories.
6. What is your favorite number? Any particular reason why? 31. It's followed me around adult life. Our first apartment address was 316 Torino, followed by 3316 Brittain Avenue, and now we are at 331 Avenue Granada. Freaky, huh?
7. What is your all-time favorite song? This is a really hard one - it might be "Dancing in the Dark" by Bruce Springsteen.
8. Did you participate in any extra-curricular activities in high school?
I was heavily involved in speech and debate. Qualified for the national tournament twice and the state tournament three times. Traveled all over the state and country. It was a great experience. Totally nerdy, but you know what? Shimelle also did speech and debate!
9. What are your favorite pizza toppings? Cashews. Yes, seriously! But they're hard to get. If I can't get them, then either sausage and mushrooms or Hawaiian.
10. What is your favorite retail store to shop in? Nordstrom's. I'm perfectly happy to pay people to be really nice to me when I shop.
11. Where is the coolest place you've ever visited?
The Aran Islands off the west coast of Ireland. Or possibly the northwest corner of Wales. Or maybe Edinburgh Scotland. No. It was Isla Santo Espiritu - an island off of La Paz, Mexico. We kayaked and one night we went out and splashed around in the bioluminescence. Magical. And definitely cool.
I'm probably supposed to "tag" someone else with these questions. But I try to avoid doing that sort of thing. But I'd love to hear you answers to any or all of these questions -go ahead, pick one and answer it in the comments!
p.s. if you're looking for my PPF post, check this link. I posted early this week b/c of meme overload.